- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - I had previously read the book - bit of a tear jerker - lovely perspective from a young boy with Autism.
- The Hangover - part 2 - very amusing!
- Safe House - predictable action packed Denzel Washington flick.
- Twilight - Breaking Dawn part 1 - I am usually more critical in my appraisal of YA fiction - but I've loved this series and all the movies (there I've said it!)
- The Warrior - some wrestling movie the boyfriend wanted to watch
- New Year's Eve - romantic comedy with an all star cast just not an all-star storyline
- Marked by PC Cast & Kristin Cast - more vampire teen stuff
- Fifty Shades of Grey - I thought this was appalling
- Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey - too long - but a good story - felt like "The Shark Net"
- The Coming of the Whirlpool by Andrew McGahan - great story - looking forward to the next instalment
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - this is really good. But we already knew that.
- To Hope and Back by Kathy Kacer - another very sad story from WW2. The thing I appreciate is they are stories that will be accessible by younger students
- When we were two by Robert Newton - sad story set in early 1900s
- Ishmael and the hoops of steel by Michael Gerard Bauer - I love this series - soooo funny
- The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes - very poor start - very confusing end