Monday, May 9, 2011

Defining Vision Statement


Defining ‘Vision statement’

Before attempting to begin the task of creating a vision statement for a school library I began with some research into what a vision statement is. I asked the deputy principal of the school I work at for a copy of the school vision statement to peruse. I also googled ‘Library’ and “Vision statement” to see what other libraries were doing.
I found a great blog by Dr. Steve Matthews who defines :
“What will you dare to dream that your library can become in the 21st Century environment? Whatever it is – DREAM IT! – and make it your Vision Statement.”
http://21stcenturylibrary.wordpress.com/2010/07/15/21st-century-library-strategic-plan-%E2%80%93-vision-statement/

And so the task begins; St.Patrick’s School Library is about to be dreamt into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment